Dec 19, 2017
(My interview starts at 7:30 into the show.)
I recently gave an interview to the Complete Privacy and Security Podcast on the topic of financial privacy. I think it was a really good interview.
This interview was originally published on December 8, 2017 here: https://operational-security.com/cps-podcast-e058-financial-privacy-security/
Joshua Sheats of Radical Personal Finance joins us to discuss:
– Why being financially stable (and ideally independent) is an important component of personal privacy
– Joshua’s Stages of Financial Independence, and what each of them means:
Stage 0: Financial
Stage 1: Financial Solvency
Stage 2: Financial Stability
Stage 3: Debt Freedom
Stage 4: Financial Security
Stage 5: Financial Independence
Stage 6: Financial Freedom
Stage 7: Financial Abundance
– How to
pick make an accountant or financial planner
who respects your financial privacy & security – Episode 459 of
Radical Personal Finance: Don’t Trust Your Financial
– How trusts and LLCs can impact your finances and privacy
– How much cash you should have on hand and where you should store your emergency fund – Episode 481 of Radical Personal Finance: Where Should I Keep My Emergency Fund?
– Which precious metals you can sell in any amount without reporting the sale to the IRS
– Joshua’s thoughts on investing in precious metals, Bitcoin, and other alternative assets
– What you need to do right now to begin achieving financial independence
Be sure to check out Radical Personal Finance – it’s one of my favorite podcasts!
No Offense/Defense this week.
1. How secure and/or private is Paypal.com? Do you recommend using Paypal?
2. If my bank doesn’t offer two factor authentication, what else can I do to protect my account?